Randall Park Forgot He Was On The Office

The Office’s cold opens make the show what it really is. Those two minute clips to start the episode off are little pieces of hilarious gems. Office fans will argue that the mockumentary created the best cold opens of any series ever. And one cold open in particular still has everyone talking for how truly amazing and genius it really is…

While many people will agree that Season 9 of The Office isn’t the best, there is one cold open that stands out amongst the rest. Named Asian Jim, one of the best pranks in history is accomplished. With Jim taking the day off, he hires his friend to replace him at work, fooling Dwight into thinking he has always been Asian. But this isn’t any normal prank. Pam is in on the act, even kissing Jim’s replacement to make Dwight believe he has never noticed his ethnicity. Office fans applaud Randall Park’s performance in The Office, capturing Jim’s essence, even with that famous side glance we all know and love. But the actor had actually forgotten he appeared in the sitcom. And even worse, he thought he was a victim of a hate crime when someone shouted Asian Jim at him!

Talking to Conan O’Brien, Park revealed this:

“I was in and out in an hour and I thought, ‘That was really fun.’ And then I just completely forgot about it. And then, several years later, I’m like walking down the street and this car drives by and a guy yells, ‘Asian Jim!” and drives off, and I’m thinking, ‘Is this some racist thing that I don’t know about?‘ I thought it was a hate crime because I had forgotten about my appearance on The Office. People would be walking up to me and saying, ‘What’s up, Asian Jim?’ And I’d be like, ‘F**k you!'”

Because the filming process was so quick, Randall Park forgot that he had taken part in the show. Not only that but an incredibly memorable scene in the series. With many people recognizing the actor in major roles such as Netflix’s Always Be My Maybe and Disney’s Wandavision, it seemed the actor was shocked to see he was spotted in such a small role. Does Randall Park not know that Asian Jim is one of the top 10 cold opens of the show!

Asian Jim in The Office
Credit: NBC

The post Randall Park Forgot He Was On The Office appeared first on Binge Season.


Post a Comment

0 Comments