The Perils (And Promise) of Elon Musk’s A.I. ‘Odyssey’

It’s not wise to bet against Elon Musk.

The quasi-trillionaire reimagined the EV with Tesla, supercharged travel with SpaceX and helped connect the world via Starlink.

Do you want to doubt that kind of entrepreneur? And that’s an abbreviated list of his accomplishments.

Now, he’s promising to reinvent Hollywood via his favorite A.I. platform – Grok.

Musk vowed to spearhead an all-A.I. film version of “The Odyssey,” but without all the “woke” elements Christopher Nolan purportedly added to his blockbuster film.

YouTube Video

Musk has been blasting Nolan’s film for weeks, attacking its casting choices and the supposed lack of authenticity.

The source material is a fictional piece of work rooted in history, which makes it a bit complicated to smear. That didn’t stop Musk.

It’s not wise to bet against Musk. Period. Yet his announcement feels risky and impulsive.

For starters, any A.I. project will look positively inorganic compared to Nolan’s vision. He’s the most impressive director working today, a taskmaster who puts everything humanly possible into his creations.

No short cuts. As little CGI as possible. The best of the best actors jump when he reaches out to them.

Does anyone think A.I. circa 2026 can compete with that? Not a chance, even if Musk’s film ends up having more “authentic” costumes, accents and virtual actors.

The vast majority of A.I. videos look and feel computer-generated. Some can trick us for a few seconds, but that’s usually it.

Now, compare that to Hollywood’s most distinguished director, and the comparisons will be cartoonish one-sided. Legacy Media outlets will burn endless calories mocking the inferior version, too.

Reporters loathe Musk, and they make little effort to hide it.

Breitbart News’ John Nolte suggests Musk will hire the best and brightest to make his vision come to pass. That’s likely true, but at the moment, who would fit that description? There’s no established artist working on great, or even competent, feature-length A.I. videos.

The more likely result? Musk moves on to other projects and ignores his promise to outdo Nolan.

Nothing ventured. Nothing gained. Just a brief X spat that got plenty of eyeballs but no results.

Except this kerfuffle may have lit an entrepreneurial fire under Musk. What if he steers some of his millions toward an A.I. driven film studio, one tasked with making the movies that Hollywood won’t?

“The Laken Riley Story,” anyone?

That’s the bigger picture with Musk’s recent X spat. That he’ll be leading the way in using A.I. to reinvent Hollywood, competing with the antiquated industry and its exacting gate keepers.

Or, he’ll start a traditional film studio that uses copious A.I. to slash costs and make more affordable films.

Chances are, we’ll never see an A.I. “Odyssey” film, at least one produced by Musk. He may be warming up to the idea of using his millions to rival Hollywood with his shiny new Grok toy.

Hollywood stars like Olivia Wilde and Colman Domingo have taken swipes at Musk in recent weeks.

They may soon regret those attacks.

The post The Perils (And Promise) of Elon Musk’s A.I. ‘Odyssey’ appeared first on Hollywood in Toto.


Post a Comment

0 Comments